ICS is a tuition-free, public charter school. ICS openly enroll students who reside within the DeKalb County School Districts, except incorporated Decatur and Atlanta school districts. A completed student application with supporting documents will be accepted during the open enrollment period. Applicants will be admitted through a public lottery process to determine admission.
Enrollment for the 2016-2017 school year is full.
Thank you for your interest in The International Community School. Applications for the 2016-2017 school year are now closed.
If the International Community School receives more student applications than available slots for any grade level or program, the school will conduct a public lottery using a random selection process.
The lotteries will be conducted in a manner that is consistent with Georgia law and that ensures that each eligible student receives an equal chance of being selected. All names will be selected in each lottery, and the students who are not selected for registration will be placed on a waiting list in the order in which their names were selected. Once all grades are filled or once the lottery, if necessary, is complete, any additional students who submit an application shall be placed at the end of the cumulative permanent waiting list on a first come, first served basis.
ICS will give enrollment preference to the following categories:
• A student whose parent or guardian is a member of the ICS Board of Directors or is a full-time teacher, professional, or other employee at ICS.
• A student whose sibling(s) is/are already enrolled at ICS
International Community School will provide official notification of admission offers via mail. Please allow 5- 7 days after the lottery.
All accepted applicants must provide the registrar the documents listed below by April 8, 2016. Failure to make this deadline could result in the student’s admission slot being offered to another applicant.
• A copy of the child’s birth certificate, passport or I-94
• Two documents proving residency within the attendance zone: proof of residency may be established with a copy of a current, unexpired lease, deed, mortgage or current monthly mortgage and a current electric, water or gas bill (within 30 days of the date of application)
• The child’s last report card (if applicable)
• EIP/IEP records (if applicable)
For more information, please contact the ICS Registrar at 404-499-8969 or email [email protected].