Bus Update – (July 27, 2018)
We are happy to announce that ICS will be utilizing Dekalb County School buses for the 2018-19 school year! This change will benefit our school in many ways and we are excited to partner with Dekalb County.
As we have found in the past, changing bus service comes with its own set of challenges. However, with patience, we are confident that the transition will eventually be smooth and efficient. In addition to the change in bus carrier, ICS will also be establishing new rules and policies regarding its transportation/bus service. Please note these new rules and policies and make the proper adjustments.
- Effective this upcoming school year ICS will be utilizing a transportation zone which will require a minimum distance and maximum distance at which transportation can be provided for students.
- Bus service will no longer be available for Jackson Square, Paces Park, Park Summit, and Carriage Place Apartments. Due to the short distance of these apartments to the school’s location parents are asked to transport and pick up their students by other means.
- Bus service requests must be made at least two weeks in advance to take effect. Students who do not ride the bus will not be able to ride unless they have already requested bus service two weeks ahead of time.
- Routes: Find them HERE or by clicking on the image. They are developed by Dekalb County based on student’s addresses rather than the old bus stops. Please disregard old bus stop schedules. It is very important that the Registrar and/or Operations Manager has your current address on file. Information regarding route times and schedules will be given out during registration (Aug. 2nd and 3rd).
- Parents must be present at the bus stop for any student who is under the age of 9. Students will not be dropped off if they are under the age of 9 and a parent is not present.
If there are any questions or concerns regarding bus service please contact the Operations Manager at [email protected].
Darvis White, MPA, RPCV
School Supplies List – This list contains all the grade levels. Be sure to choose only the one(s) you need!
2017 ICS Quick Guide for FAMILIES – an overview of the school’s operations, procedures, expectations, how to get involved, etc.
Apply for free and Reduced Lunch and Breakfast at https://www.schoolcafe.com/
Did you miss the information sent in the newsletters and blasts recently? You can always find them on this website, under news. You can receive them directly on your email by subscribing at the bottom of this website’s HOME page.