What is the CRC and what is its purpose?
First and foremost, the CRC is a space for ALL families and parents of ICS. With a mission to enhance the self-sufficiency and wellbeing of the family, the CRC will also focus on parent engagement and referral to external resources.
Take a minute to check out our growing resource handbook.
Some of the on-site services provided throughout the academic year include:
- Health Fair
- Screenings (physical, mental, dental, vision)
- Referral to External Services
- Food Pantry
- Clothing Closet
- General Essential Supplies
- Feminine Hygiene Supplies
- Infant/Toddler Supplies
- Media Center
- Referral to External Services
Instructional Services (workshops and discussions)
- Workforce Development
- Computer Literacy
- Financial Literacy
- Health and Wellness
- Safety Strategies and Injury Prevention
- Parenting Tactics
- Home Ownership
- Rental Laws and Tenants Rights
- Immigration/Legal Guidance
- Applying for Government Assistance
- Multilingual Interpreter Training
- Building Healthy Families
- Referral to External Services (GED prep, ESL courses, tax prep)
We are grateful to our committed community partners and contributing organizations:
- Vibha Youth
- Resonate Church
- International Women’s House
- Newborn International Foundation
- DeKalb County Board of Health
- DeKalb County Schools International Welcome Center and IMPACT Hub
- United Way
- North Decatur Presbyterian Church
- Intown Community Church
- Bridgepoint Church
- SHINE Volunteers of Emory
- Positive Growth Inc
- Goodwill of North Georgia
- Georgia State University Police
- Emory University Fire Safety
- Georgia Division of Family and Children Services
- Noor Family Services
- Catholic Charities
- Global Growers
- University of Georgia Cooperative Extension
- International Rescue Committee
- New American Pathways
- SeSo, Inc.
- Emory University Pediatrics
- Live Free Yoga
- Georgia Deanne Yoga
- Mercer College of Pharmacy
- City National Bank
- Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Metro Brokers
- The Task Force for Global Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Wondering what events and workshops we will have and when? Take a look at the ICS Calendar for events labeled “Community Resource Center” or “CRC.” View our events week by week on our extended calendar.
Ready to participate in a workshop? Make sure you register here so we know you’re coming!
Need a direct resource or referral to services? Come to the CRC between the hours of 9am-3pm Monday/Wednesday/Friday and 10am-3pm on Tuesday/Thursday, or call 415-361-7501 anytime.
Interested in getting involved? Click here to become a partner, volunteer, and more. There is a way for everyone to contribute!
Able to further our efforts through a monetary donation? Every little bit helps! Simply click the DONATE button at the top of any ICS website page and specify the program as the “CRC.” Or, you can write and send a check to the school address, filling in the Memo section with “CRC.”
Able to further our efforts through supporting our Amazon Wishlist? Follow this link. *The wishlist has temporarily been made a baby registry but serves the same purpose.
For more information, contact the CRC Coordinator: Amy Richards / [email protected] /415-361-7501/ Community Resource Center, Room 11 / 2418 Wood Trail Ln, Decatur, GA 30033