As a 501c3 non-profit organization, ICS is governed by a Board of Directors made up of community volunteers with various areas of expertise. These individuals provide governance and fiduciary oversight, while maintaining an effective long-term vision for the school.
The Board of Directors is looking for volunteers with business, finance, and accounting skills to join the board. Board members gain valuable leadership experience while being part of the governing board that ensures the school stays true to this mission. To learn more about this voluntary board position, please contact Tamecia Wright at [email protected]
Ashley Parks, Chair, LogistiCare Solutions, LLC
Tamecia Wright, Secretary, Georgia Institute of Technology
Maggie Deaton, Rollins Center for Language and Literacy of the Atlanta Speech School
Regina Matthews, Gwinnett County Superior Court
Candice McKinley, C. McKinley Law and Associates
Christopher Morley, inVentiv Health Clinical
Anne Phillips, International Sports Science Association
Jonathan “Jon” Schmidt-Davis, Southern Regional Education Board (SREB)
Trang Nguyen Wisard, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
Chad Velde-Cabrera, Ex-officio member, Principal
Learn more about our members of the board of directors by reading their biographies.
Scroll down to find the Board Meeting Agendas and Minutes.
Summary of Actions, February 2017 Meeting:
• Janitorial Contract for 2017-2018 Motion made by Candice McKinley to approve the contract as written pending verification of the company having liability insurance, with a second by Christopher Morley. Motion unanimously approved.
• Nomination of Jim Stevens with On-Call Accounting as CFO Motion made by Christopher Morley to name Jim Stevens as interim CFO, second by Anne Philips. Motion unanimously approved.
• Nomination of Candice McKinley and Anne Philips to the Governance Committee Motion made by Regina Matthews to add Candice McKinley and Anne Philips to Governance committee, with a second by Christopher Morley. Motion unanimously approved.
• Board Recruitment and Onboarding Policy Motion made by Regina Matthews to adopt the new Recruitment and Onboarding policy, with a second by Christopher Morley. Motion unanimously approved.
• Governance Committee proposal to purchase the GCSA HR Policies and Procedures manual Motion made by Regina Matthews to purchase the manual, with a second by Christopher Morley. Motion unanimously approved.