- ICS was founded in 2002 in DeKalb County to foster intentional diversity.
- Our students represent approximately 30 different countries speaking close to 40 languages.
- ICS is one of the first DeKalb International Baccalaureate World Schools.
- Maintaining art, music, drama, physical education and recess in the curriculum is one of the things that sets ICS apart from other elementary schools.
- All ICS students study a second language. Native speakers of languages other than English must go through a rigorous English as a second language program before joining their classmates in either French or Spanish.
- ICS after school program offers a diverse fun-filled selection of classes.
- ICS sports program is a vital part of the ICS experience.
- Tutors provide one-on one tutoring weekly in reading and math.
Each year, hundreds of families
from the most tumultuous,
war-torn regions of the world begin their new lives in this Atlanta suburb.
ICS values are based on the tenets of
the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme, which seeks to
create international, inquisitive and active life-long learners who will help create a better world for our generation and